Friday, November 21, 2008

CLEVELAND... GOSPEL BRUNCH

The Sunday after we arrived in Cleveland, we all friends and family piled into a car and went to the weekly Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues.

We were suffering from severe sinusitus due to the drastic downward change of weather traveling from Las Vegas to Cleveland, nothing a good southern food buffet and a few mimosas wouldn't cure!

Everyone gorged on cornbread, chicken and waffles, macaroni and cheese and grits.

On stage our hostess brought down the house with her gospel style and loving ways. At one point we had to turn to a neighbour we did not know and say "Neighbour, I love you and there is nothing you can do about it!"

Stuart was hand picked to go up on stage and do a dance. I did not capture any photos of him getting down, but one of my friends did. They are hilarious! Unfortunately I have not been able to get copies of those photos yet.




It also happened to be around the time of my brother's fiance-to-be and her son's birthday, so they even got up on stage and we all (as the House of Blues choir) sang "Happy Birthday" to them and a few other people who really don't matter.




I tried and I tried bu our hostess did not stay in one spot long enough to get a clear shot.



So earlier I mentioned the food. It was actually surprisingly good considering the fact that it was the House of Blues and it was a buffet. However I especially recommend the cornbread. It has reminded me of my love of spoonbread, which I am now dying to make.

So if anyone has a good recipe, please share with the rest of the class!

1 comment:

Ingrid Marshall said...

This was a lovelly blog post