Wednesday, September 3, 2008

TOP TEN

For the past few months, I have been making a list of all the foods available in America that I cannot get here in the Land Down Under.

It is my plan that on my trip back to the US, to eat every food on this list. I am up to about 45 foodbits from cheesecake to apple butter to bright orange cheddar cheese.

Without further ado, here is my Top Ten Foods I Must Eat Whilst In The US:

10. A bowl of Golden Grahams cereal.

The funny part about this one, is that I never really ate Golden Grahams when I was growing up, however I am having mad cravings for it.


09. Peach Flavoured Hostess Fruit Pies


I know that there is nothing healthy or real about these sugar coated pie pockets, but every day after school I would ride my bike over to the convenient store and steal one.


08. Ben and Jerry's ice cream Chubby Hubby flavour



07. One of those garlic/butter/cheese biscuits from Red Lobster.


I can feel my arteries harden just writing about those.


06. Pumpkin Pie


The local specialty shops no longer import the canned pumpkin, and they don't sell those Halloween pumpkins here... which is really just an excuse for me being too lazy to make pumpkin pie the old fashioned way.


05. Arby's Curly Fries.

There is something fun about eating fries that are bouncy.


04. Enchiladas


Or any fantastic Mexican food which doesn't taste like it was made from freeze dried beans.


03. A big, bumpy, golden, greasy egg roll




02. A patty melt


Preferably from Melrose Diner in Chicago.


AND THE NUMBER ONE MUST HAVE CRAVING:

01. A giant CRUNCHY kosher dill pickle.




Now that We have all gone for coronary bipass surgery, let's wash it all down with my most craved beverage...

Dr Pepper

No comments: