Wednesday, September 10, 2008

LEADING MEN OF THE SILVER SCREEN CONTESTANT 1

Who is your favourite Leading Man of the Silver Screen?

To make up for my disgusting misuse of power (when I, without your vote or consent, knighted Rock Hudson the king of Hula Hank) I am calling an election to vote for who is YOUR favourtite Leading Man of the Silver Screen.

There will be five candidates vying for this hot spot. Over the next two days, I will do a quick briefing on each one and then open up a poll for your to cast your vote.

First contestant: CARY GRANT

Can anyone remember seeing Cary Grant when was NOT wearing a tuxedo??

Cary Grant rose to stardom in 1933 when Mae West hand picked him off of the Paramount lot to star as her leading man in She Done Him Wrong and I'm No Angel.

Although Grant has a reputation for starring in classic screwball comedies, he was the only actor that director Alfred Hitchcock like and there for starred in many of Hitchcock's films, one of the most famous being North by Northwest.

Nominated for two Oscars, winning them proved to be elusive. Mr Grant eventually received a Lifetime Achievement Oscar in 1970.

Cary Grant was married five times and rumoured to be bisexual, although this has yet to proven without a doubt. His third wife, Betsy Drake sums it up perfectly, "Why would I believe that Cary was a homosexual when we were busy fucking? Maybe he was bisexual. He lived 43 years before he met me. I don't know what he did."

Some of Cary Grant's more memorable films:

I'm No Angel (1933)

Bringing Up Baby (1938)

The Philadelphia Story (1940)

The Bishop's Wife (1947)

To Catch a Thief (1955)

An Affair to Remember (1955) (My second favourite)

North by Northwest (1959)

Charade (1963) (My very favourite)

Does Cary Grant do it for you?

No comments: