Monday, September 15, 2008

MUSICAL MONDAY

This past weekend I was treated to a musical movie DVD shopping spree! I managed to get some old musical movies I have never seen, plus some I could probably do without seeing again, but feel I need for my collection (I am looking at you, Oklahoma!).

Currently I am trying to get through Annie Get Your Gun without falling asleep. This has nothing to do with the movie itself, but the fact that only time I get to watch a musical without complaint is in bed, after the man has fallen asleep but when I am still awake.

Next week, I will write about that Annie Get Your Gun.

This week, I am going to fill you in on what is happening on all of the musical blogs I read.

As I stated before I need to live vicariously through the luckly people that author these blogs as I am living in a city where the hottest ticket in town is a musical about a former Australian Prime Minister... yeah, riveting stuff.

Over on
Everything I Know I Learned from Musicals our host reveals the top musicals as voted by his students and directs us to his Top 100 list.

What is our favourite West Texan New Yorker over on
Anventures in the Endless Pursuit of Entertainment up to? Well the lovely SarahB is treats us to a quote from Murder, She Wrote where Jessica Fletcher is totally jealous of John's tickets to the lastest Sondheim show. Plus she reviews a theatre show (which technically is not a musical, but I will bend the Musical Monday rules for SarahB).

Blue Gobo has some juicy tidbits from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

Steve on Broadway discusses the transfer of Hair from a show in the park to Broadway. But I warn you, just try to read the title of that post wihout hilariously misreading a particular word.

Also I would like to brag once more that I have tickets to see the LA preview of 9 to 5:The Musical.

What musicals do you have planned or are dying to see?

No comments: