Friday, January 2, 2009

DEAR _____ PART ONE

Over the Christmas break, a few more posts than normal appeared on my blog. Therefore I have quite a few comments to respond to so, I will have to break this week's DEAR ____ into several parts.

First, I had no idea that the whole family photo Christmas card this would elicit such an out pour of emotions from you all! So I will start there.


DEAR GRANDMA J,

You know, I always forget to send holiday cards myself. So technically, I suppose, I shouldn't really be complaining about these photo cards because it is a lot more than I send out.

I think that your response to the drinks party was the perfect option! If I drink straight out of the bottle, then there are no glasses to clean.


DEAR MOM#1,

It is tomorrow down here, therefore I can tell you two things with absolute certainty. 1. The world has not ended and 2. The sun will come out.

I can probably be quite certain that my after my friends who send me those cards read my post, I won't be receiving those photo cards anymore... nor any other form of correspondence.

But I am in total agreement, to those people who will have forgiven me by next December, a generic "Happy Holidays! Love XXXXXX" handwritten on the back would be a loving touch.


DEAR MS DELIGHT,

Thank you! I impressed myself with that ability to list all my BFFs in one post!

I feel the same way when I open those photo-cards. The photos are always cute, but there is a severe disappointment in the lack of a handwritten note. It is even more depressing when you have known some of these people for at least 20 years or more.

Whatever happened to the good old fashioned family Holiday Newsletter? Even though it still lacked that personal touch, at least it gave you some great gossip!

I would so love for you to by next door neighbour and have you over to drink Long Islands Iced Teas... and I would not make you wash your own glass!

But you shouldn't be drinking alcohol in your current state. ;)


DEAR NIKKI,

So did you get all Christmassy? Or at least maybe all Chanukahmassy?


DEAR JLO,

I suppose since you have a fur bag I can forgive the fact that you are a shameful culprit in sending out holiday photo cards without a note!!

Also, it would kind of be fun to have you over as well to drink Long Island Iced Teas and sing Christmas songs. Except because of the whole sending out photo-cards without a note, you will have to wash your own glass!!

Love Hula Hank XX




No comments: