Thursday, January 22, 2009

ANOTHER MARTINI, PUMPKIN?

Continued....

Pumpkin Delight: If you could have any other job than the one you have now, what would you do? Why?

Hula Hank:

I would produce musicals. That way, I could direct, design and star in them.

But you know when I was 10 I wanted to be a figure skater, when I was 12 I wanted to be an international fashion designer, 13 and advertising executive, at 14 I wanted to live on a commune, when I was 16 I wanted to be a male model and at 18 I wanted to own a cabaret, from then on out there were flashes of being a famous trashy novel writer, torch song singer, event planner, restaurateur, fashion buyer, radio DJ, piano player, interior decorator and TV presenter.

So ask me again next week.

Can I get you another martini?

Oh yeah, that reminds I was hired as Royal Martini Maker for
The Queen, which, of course I have dreamt about my entire life.

PD: What is your favourite childhood memory?

HH: Uh oh! We are going into childhood! I better make this a double.

You know as I sit here chatting with you, it is very difficult for me to think of a good childhood memory. Give me a second.

PD: (sips martini)

HH: (gulps martini)

PD: (sips martini)

HH: (gulps martini)

PD: (sips martini)

HH: I got nothing.

PD: OK, well if you were to have any celebrity as a best friend, who would you choose?

HH: Ha! Ha! Ha! Now we are talking! I would have to say Bette Midler. I don't really know why, except that a few weeks ago, I had this dream that I was filling in at work for a friend of mine, who happened to be a CEO of some company. I was trying to get a hold of someone on the phone and I told the secretary to call every 2 minutes until I got a hold of this person, when suddenly a call came through and my secretary said "I have Bette on hold."

Well, I got on the phone and we started talking as if we had known each other for ages, then she appeared in my office and I started to talk to her about when she starred in Gypsy, more specifically that I pretend to be Mama Rose, which I do actually do, and I just couldn't figure out this certain section of choreography during "Rose's Turn".

So she showed me and then my puppy woke me up.

So because she would have some great jokes and teach me choreography it would be Bette Midler.


PD: If world leaders told you they would solve any world problem of your choosing which problem would it be?

HH: A bad martini.

PD: (outrageous laugh, for approximately 5 minutes)

HH: Where do I even begin with the world's problems? There are so many, and I am sure that lots of them are cruel necessities. I want to say something along the lines of anger. If we didn't have anger we wouldn't have hate which means we wouldn't have war or racism or homophobia or ageism or xenophobia or genocide.

So I guess I choose for them to solve hate.

(HH's mobile phone rings (ringtone: "All the Meat and No Potatoes" by Fats Waller))

HH: Oh look! It's Bette!

No comments: