Thursday, July 24, 2008

Unusual Keywords

Every now and then, I like to go into my blog’s stats tracker and see what people are typing into their search engine when they find this site.

Sometimes the searches make sense (“life should be a musical”) and others are very out of the ordinary (“black woman pancake film”). I sometimes wonder what the people who have searched for “black woman pancake film” were hoping to find and if anything on this site helped these gentle readers (yes, readers with an ‘S’! More than one person has done the aforementioned search) with the answer they sought.

I am also puzzled as to why anyone would want to see a pancake film. What is a pancake film?

In addition to “black woman pancake film”, I get several other regular search engine keywords that have brought people to this site.

“GAY RAILROAD WORKERS” – This has to be one of the most popular searches, as it never fails to get a mention at least every 2 or 3 days. Is there a fascination with railroad workers being gay? Is this some sort of fantasy? If you were brought to this site after searching for “gay railroad workers” please leave me a message and let me know what it is you seek!!!

The second most popular search?

“ANGELA LANSBURY’S BICYCLE” – What the…? I did once mention Angela Lansbury riding a bicycle in the opening credits of Murder, She Wrote… but how is it that many people are sitting there one day and make the decision to look up information on Angela Lansbury’s bicycle???

Again, if you have come to this blog after doing a search for “angela lansbury’s bicycle” I beg of you to leave a message and let me know what it is that you specifically want to know about Ms Lansbury’s bicycle.

I am dying of curiosity.

No comments: