Monday, July 28, 2008

Musical Monday


First let me say that this post is inspired by a post written SarahB over at Adventures in the Endless Pursuit of Entertainment.

In this particular post about the 1979 movie version of Hair, she states that for 48 seconds during the song 3-5-0-0 there is an asian woman singing on screen, but this in fact Betty Buckley. This is a fact which I did not know, but now I do and I feel like a better human for knowing it.

Anyhow, SarahB's post got me to thinking about how much I love the musical Hair. I have seen it on stage twice and the movie version hundreds of time. I own the soundtrack on vinyl, cassette tape, CD & MP3.

If I was to produce/direct/star (a la Barbra Striesand) any musical I would star as Claude in Hair. He has the coolest songs, plus he has a dramatic death scene at the end, climaxing in a poignant screaming/singing "That's me!" as he fades into non-existance. Don't you just love that?

So the above YouTube video stars (eventually) my inner diva, Nell Carter. Hold out for 3:05 - 3:10 because it is those five seconds that I play on repeat. Pathetic? Yes. But we all wish we had that much sass-n-brass.

No comments: