Friday, May 2, 2008

The Inaugural Ball (1/50)

This is it! My inaugural post for the 50-100-50 (minus the 100) challenge I place upon myself. For those of you who asking themselves what the hell the 50-50 challenge is, and are too lazy to scroll down the page to find out: The 50-100-50 challenge is the challenge to write 50 100 word posts in 50 days.
I have altered this slightly to get rid of the 100 word rule and I am ever so glad I did that. I couldn't work under such strict circumstances!
Now on with the show. For my first post in the challenge I would like to discuss Control Issues. Yes I see the irony in discussing control issues after I changed the rules of challenge. I also see the irony in discussing control issues whilst listening to Barbra Streisand.
At the moment, I feel as if I am being controlled (or as I like to call it "emotionally blackmailed"), and it is causes serious life issues (meaning, if the attempts to be controlled are not, well, controlled, then someone is going to die). I know that I have issues with being controlled (or the perception thereof) and I wondered if that is actually a "Control Issue".
Needless to say, I have never felt that I was controlling. I have had my "Miranda" (Devil Wears Prada) moments when trying to create a vision (ie performance, event, branding, etc) and I am quite stubborn and demanding in getting this accomplished. In my view, that is what I was hired for, and the outcome is representative of my reputation.
Bad outcome = Bad reputation = No work!

No comments: