Wednesday, December 24, 2008

OH YEAH! - UPDATE

I bought a 23 pound turkey for 2 adults and 2 kids. I am pretty sure that this means that, on average, we will be eating 4,000 pounds per person for Christmas dinner. What I really want to know is what this the average temperature and time per pound that one needs to cook a turkey???

UPDATE - Thank you Pumpkin!! You know it hadn't occurred to me to check the package... Go figure. I should point out that I have not made a turkey in ages (I think since leaving the US) as you have to special order them here and only at Christmas time. Are you guys sitting down?

This turkey, because of the turkey rareity down this way, a 23 pound (10.5 kg) turkey cost me a whopping $185. So you can see I am under added pressure, and please don't tell Stuart how much it cost. I told him it was only like $20 or $30.

No comments: