Sunday, December 14, 2008

AND FINALLY PRESENTING... THE PUPPY!

I have been teasing you for weeks with threats of photos of my new puppy.

Well finally I have some decent pics and would like to introduce you to Toby.



Toby is a pug x shih tzu, however he looks and acts just like a pug. The one great benefit from the shih tzu is that he has hair and not fur, which means no shedding! Hurray!

Toby was a bit older than the typical puppy one brings home. He was 4 months old when we got him, and the price had been reduced. Nobody wanted him and that broke my heart. I could not figure out who would not love his cuteness and sweet face.

It took me several days to work out a name for him. The kids kept hassling me every 20 minutes and asking if I decided on a name yet. I mean geez, when humans get pregnant they have 9 months to think of that perfect name, can't I at least have 24 hours?

After a long list, I finally settled on "Toby" after the boy character in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Mainly because in Sweeney Todd, Toby's big number is Not While I'm Around, and I felt that was the perfect song for a dog to sing, if a dog could sing.

Here are some more photos for your amusement. Note that in the first photo he is not only chewing on a rawhide but also a squeaky toy.



No comments: