Friday, May 8, 2009

SO THIS IS WHAT DEATH IS LIKE?

This post is especially for the thousands of you who have been concerned and/or demanding pictures and/or suggesting I look at their cute kids doing some cute concert and/or spitting out blogger gin in my absence:

We finally moved home on Tuesday 28th April. The day after ANZAC Day... well Anzac Day was actually on the Saturday, but if a public holiday falls on a weekend, we get the following Monday off work. So it was really the day after the Monday of the Anzac Day long weekend.

I took the Tuesday off work to supervise the move, and boy it was a mistake. When I got the office the next day, the building had collapsed and was in ruins. I can't leave for a second.

The first room I set to unpack was the kitchen. I am a control freak when it comes to the placement and organisation of the kitchen items.

My clothes are still in boxes, my DVDs are still in boxes and my books are still in boxes... but the kitchen is done.

When I got to work the next morning, it was not actually in ruins, however the power board for the building did explode leaving us without lights or computers or copy machines or any way to charge my mobile phone.

This unfortunate situation lasted for several days, when mysteriously the electricity came back on in the office down at the end of the building. The next day I brought in the longest extension cord I could find and plugged it into a socket in this powered office, all the way down the hall into my office, so I could power a small lamp and my computer.

I am pleased to report that almost two weeks later the power board still has not been fixed and I am slowly going blind.

In the midst of the move, we had to shut off the internet at home until our telephone number had been connected. However once the number was connected, we discovered that we are too far from the telephone exchange to get broadband through the phone line, we now have to go wireless and capture the interweb from rays in space.... at least in 6-10 working days, which is how long it is going to take for our new wireless space ray capturing network device to show up.

What I am trying to say is that, although I have taken pictures, I cannot post them just yet.

I was also thinking about doing a weekly vlog on a city homo turning farmer.

I got this idea from a friend who grew up in the country. When she found out I bought a farm, there was great laughter as she pictured me in my Dolce & Gabbana accessories and orange crocodile shoes trying to scoop horse shit.

To be fair, I came to see the humour in that situation when I came home from work and started to dig the earth for a pond. Stuart came outside and laughed because here I was with a shovel of dirt still wearing a 3-piece suit and fedora.

How is everyone??? Can I make you a martini?

No comments: