Tuesday, August 17, 2010

YOU WANT ME TO MOVE WHERE??

So know that we all know that I am an unemployed loser who can't find a job, let's move on to the next topic.

I don't really know what sparked this dream, however one day Stuart came home from work and was insistent that we sell our houses here and take that money and go live in the US.

So after doing preliminary calculations of how much we will make on the sales, and researching what we can get for that money in different cities in the US and then comparing it to what we can get here for the same amount, I was convinced that it was a great idea! Move to the US, live in a nice house and be mortgage free!!!!

The list of cities I looked into was: LA, San Francisco, San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, St Petersburg (FL), Hamptons, Stamford, Columbus, Aspen, Denver, Philadelphia, Asheville and Chicago... there may have been more.

The city that offered the nicest house for the money was the city that I grew up in... Cleveland.

Then the reality of returning to a place that I left the minute I finished school many years ago began to set in.

The blizzards, shovelling snow, the politics, the red necks, the high unemployment, the whole "been there, done that" thing.

On the other hand, there are hosting Thanksgiving dinners for my family, an afternoon at the fantastic art museum with friends, popping down to the local bar for an evening martini, Chicago & NYC are one hour flights away making easy weekend getaways.

But first things first, Stuart needs to get a visa... which is a confusing process without much help from the Embassies, Consulates or Homeland Security.

3 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Man!!!! Cleveland? How 'bout LA so you can visit me. Or I can even visit San Francisco because it's so much fun. Those two are my votes, if you are counting my votes. :)

MOM #1 said...

Seriously?????

Well Cleveland is far from me and I hear it gets cold. I don't do cold.

Come a little farther south.

A little farther.

Come on, you can do it.

There you go.

Texas.

We've got twice the rednecks for half the price, LOL.

I can't wait to hear how the rest of this adventure plays out.

Keep us posted.

You can blog more now . . . you know . . . I hate to mention it . . . but . . . now that you have some spare time. ;-)

jlo said...

Umm, Cleveland? Boo! LA...Yeah!